- alot widely considered as an incorrect/nonstandard spelling of "a lot"
- A large amount
- I have a lot of things to say.
- Many things, much.
- A lot depends on whether your parents agree.
a large amount
- (idiomatic) very much; a great deal; to a large extent.
- Thanks a lot for listening to me.
- It's a lot harder than it looks.
- (idiomatic) often; frequently
- I go swimming a lot.
I use the word alot, a lot. Spellchecker always turns it YELLOW. but I ignore it. After all it turns my own name YELLOW. But finally, I decided to double-check and WHO KNEW!?
So from now on it will be A LOT.
(FYI :Good-bye can be hyphenated or not.
Either is correct. Good to know.)