Monday, August 27, 2012

The Tree, Dinner and a Cocktail

I called my insurance guy.
YES, I'm covered.
YES, I have a $1000. deductible.
I called the bank.
NO, they would not lend me a $1000.
One of the women at work had said that her husband owned one of those ladders that you can bend in weird angles.
I asked if I could borrow it.
She said she'd bring it tomorrow.
I Googled Lowes.
They have a chainsaw that had 5 stars from 111 people.
It costs $100.
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick up something for dinner.
Something NO FAT.
They had No Fat Yogurt.
and No Fat, No Sugar Hot Fudge.
Diet Sprite was on sale.
I picked up a bottle of UV Blue Vodka (no fat)
and came home.
 
I took some photos of the tree now that it's no longer raining.
I text the woman from work and told her never-mind.
My house is very tall, 2 stories.
Even I am not fool enough to try it.
The photos can be almost look pretty...
in sort of a blue way.
and after a few UV Blue's
they just get prettier.
and after a few more...
it almost tastes like a real Hot Fudge Sundae.

4 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I do understand your predicament...
but I am very worried about you using a new chain saw..that only cost $100....
climbing a bendable ladder...
the disaster is stressful but please take a day or two or three to think this through....
do you have a church...check with your congregation...
go to the main street hardware store and see the head manager for possible references... I just do not want anything else to happen to you. You are my friend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

An Urban Cottage said...

I would look around on Craig's List to see if there's anyone doing tree work. It seems like it's something someone or a small company could do for a little extra money. And they could take the wood to burn.

Anonymous said...

I do wish I could come over and help You! What ever You do don't try brining it down by Yourself! If something should happen it's always best to be a couple of people, one that knows first aid and one that calls an ambulance :-)

It doesn't look as if it has done any damages to Your house anyway. I think Mary Helen-Art Savers Lives advise is good!

Take care!
Christer.

Cindi Myers said...

Thank you everyone for the good advice!
I have now called 4 different people that 3 different friends of mine recommended. They are all going to stop by my house and look at the situation and give me estimates.
I've asked for 2. One for the big limb on the house and another to just see what it would cost to take the whole tree down. I'm thinking that eventually the whole thing will rot so while they are there...
I'm crossing my fingers that someone will come up with a reasonable estimate.