Friday, September 21, 2012

SICK

I'm sick today.
I tried to deny it.
I could feel it creeping up but I chose to ignore it.
Sometimes that works. Ignore it and it will go away.
Or buck up and muscle through it.
That's what my Dad always said to me.
He didn't believe in being sick.
He never had a cold and if something hurt he didn't talk about it.
So he didn't allow me to be sick either. I had to go to school every day. No matter what.
He always said "If someone asks you how you feel, say FINE because no one really cares, they're just trying to be nice."
I woke up this morning and didn't feel so great.
I got to work and my head ached. I felt dizzy and my joints hurt.
My stomach was upset. ( and I have this jaw/ear ache thing going on but that's been going on for awhile.)
So I decided that I was going home.
I got my boarding dogs and cats feed and cleaned.
Did the paperwork and documentation that was needed, showed one of the vet techs what needed to be done later and left.
It was odd to drive home in the middle of the day.
It was dreary out, only in the 50's and sprinkling.
Such a grey day.
I had Blue and Jimmy with me and when we came into the house, we startled the others.
I think they were all sleeping. 
I opened the door to silence, then a hesitant bark followed by a chorus.
I let everyone outside for a few minutes and then back in.
They all looked at me and I back at them.
What now?
So I put them back into the laundry room and went upstairs with Blue and Jimmy.
And went to bed.
So odd. I never sleep during the day.
Guess I needed it.
I feel a little bit better but guilty.
I wasted a day.
Thanks Dad.

5 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

If sleeping with your puppies is a wasted day then I've wasted a lot of them. Sorry you don't feel good. My Mom has a cold too.

sassypackrat said...

It's never a day wasted to take care of yourself.

yoborobo said...

It sounds like it was exactly what you needed to do. Your body needed a break. I am a firm believer in napping when you need it. Maybe I do it too often, but WHATEVER. :)) Feel better! xox

Robin Kent said...

I quote my father a lot. Always good. The one he had for this situation was:

'sleep is the best medicine.'

He never was sick either, but would go to bed when it was called for. You're doing the best thing by not denying it to yourself. Nothing worse than being sick with a layer of guilt on top.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the gang as we say over here, it sounds just like the cold going on on this side of the ocean too. Nasty but rather short lived thankfully.

You did the right thing so no need to feel guilty, lots of sleep and tea and biscuits helps or tea with something really strong in it works very well too. At least You won't feel as sick if You chose the strong variety :-)

Take care and rest a lot!
Christer.