Monday, March 25, 2013

Illustrations of TYKE and FRITZ

In my post before the last one I showed my completed commissioned paintings of Tyke the Eskimo Dog and Fritz the little Wirehaired Dachshund.
I want to thank everyone for the kind comments.
Some of you have No-Reply on your emails so I could not email you back my thanks, so I'm thanking you here.
(A LOT of  you have No-Reply. I wish you didn't but whatever you think best.)
Anyway, I've been sketching out illustrations for my book on Kanga and I just stalled.
Then I got to looking at my photos and these two little faces just called out to me.
 
So, I just did little illustrations of them, no pressure, just whatever I felt like doing.
I was experimenting, drawing out lettering and I decided to make little mini paintings.
This is what I came up with -


Now I need to get back to drawing that cat!

5 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

My first thought when I saw the white dog is "what a cute smile"! And you captured that smile in your illustration.

They're both very cute pieces.

Robin Kent said...

Cute! Love the smile also. You're up and running smoothly. All hiccups in production are just for refueling!
Didn't know there was an option for reply/no reply. I'm so bad at the techno stuff, but I know you can get a hold of me whenever for whatever.

carla said...

Hi!!!! I love these two!!! They made me smile as soon as I saw them!!!! Thank You

Jan said...

Nicely done, I like the simplicity and texture and bright colors. And the subject matter!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Tyke and Fritz look like they could be some pretty sweet little friends. I love your dancing Twinkle puppy! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart