Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Well...It's Started!!!



Several of the blogs that I visit have posted photos of a beautiful layer of snow. A lot of these are in towns that don't usually even have snow and everyone is so excited! I totally agree how pretty it can be and so magical at night when everything is so still and quiet except for the "crunch" of the snow as you walk through it. I have commented on it and agree with them on the loveliness of it but I also point out how much I hate trying to get my little car out of it in the morning. I dread trying to shovel in the biting wind, my toes and fingers burning in the cold even though I'm all layered up! My nose starting to run and my glasses fogging up above the scarf tied around my face. I do love being inside under a warm blanket covered with my critters but when I have to go outside...AAHHHHH. Yes, I guess I am complaining but at least the cold weather makes me cherish the spring all the more!
Here is a pic of my little lighted snowman today at 1:00 pm. Tonight we are supposed to get the worst blizzard around here since 1979. Let's hope the weather-people are wrong! I will post an updated photo tomorrow morning! (After I dig out my car and also make a little path for my little ones!!! HO HO HO HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

1 comment:

yoborobo said...

Wow - you are really going to get some weather, huh? I'm with you, I don't like to get out in cold wind - it's awful! hahaha! But I don't mind the cold if the wind doesn't kick in. And I love watching it snow from inside my warm little house. :) Be careful driving!! xo Pam