Friday, January 22, 2016

THIS WEEK

I've just been posting over on my Art blog all week.
Yep, every day I'm creating Art
and posting it over there.

Tomorrow I'm mailing out the painting I did for Sharon.
I won't share it here yet
as I want it to be a complete surprise for her.
Then I will.

Of course I dragged my feet on it
Because of procrastination and fear.
Fear that it won't live up to what the person hopes it will be.
But I must say that once I got going, I really enjoyed it!
I plan on doing more Art in that style.

This weekend I'm going to focus on the dog paintings that I promised a friend
a very long time ago....
She never gave me a deadline and you know what happens when you don't give me a set date!
LOL!
But yeah, I'll be working on that
and sharing the WIP's over on the Art Blog
but I'll also share the finished paintings here,
so you don't have to hop all over the place.

I'm still trying to figure the Art blog.
I finished the header
but then I had problems making it big enough.
It started to fade out and fuzz when I tried to make it bigger.
So I gave up and made every thing else smaller.
Pulled in the margins, adjusted the widths.
I'll fix it...eventually.
Right now though, I'm going to bed.
Here's the header the I did -
DREAMING OF SPRING is what I call it.

XOXO

10 comments:

tammy j said...

YUP! critters in boots marching into spring.
i love it.
dare to hope you get to stay home tomorrow?
take care if you don't! XOXO♥

Cindi Myers said...

Thanks Tammy!
:D
Home tomorrow (except for a run to my sisters to care for her dogs)
and then work on Sunday...
But ART in between!
xoxoxoxo

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Oh Cindi, I'm so excited to see the final piece! The wait is going to kill me. I'm glad you are happy with it as you are your own worse critic. I know it will be perfect whatever way you did it. Thanks again for doing it for me and hope it didn't cause you too much angst. Give Jimmy Chew a kiss for me...I love that willful dog.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love it! I don't know anything about blogspot, but could you tell me more about the trouble you're having with your picture? Is it something I can help with in Photoshop? What dimensions do you want the header to have? Send me an email if you think I can help.

The hardest part about making art for someone else is worrying it's not good enough. It takes a lot of courage, and I admire you for it!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

It's adorable!

You have a very distinctive style Cindi, and that's important. I could tell your artwork a mile away!

Janneke said...

Such a lovely art, all your critters walking on boots in the snow dreaming of spring, as I see it's everywhere the same, pets are going to look like their owners and owners are going to look like their animals. Love it.

Cindi Myers said...

Sharon,
I'm pretty happy with it...
although there are a couple of things but....
I won't point them out to you though. LOL!
Just, well you know.
But sometimes in the past I have felt like that and I've gone back and ended up ruining it all. So, yeah... I'm pretty much happy with it.
I just hope you are!

Yes, Jimmy is being bad again!
He's taken to "loving" the cat.
and the cat seems to love it too!!!
:p
anyway, he's a bad boy.

So glad you are back, safe and sound!
XOXOXO

Cindi Myers said...

Jean,
Thanks for resizing the header.
It did help a bit but I think it's on my end.
I made the drawing too tall and not wide enough so nothing can totally fix it.
Oh well!
I'm still learning.

And yes, commissioned work stresses me out.
I'm working on some more commissioned pieces right now.
Groan.
I need to let the worry go.
But that's easier said than done.
Thanks for everything!
xoxoxo

Cindi Myers said...

Doreen,
THANK YOU!
That makes me feel really good that you say I have a distinctive style.
I guess that's why I didn't stress as much over Sharon's painting because she just let me know what she'd liked the drawing to be about, but otherwise gave me free rein.
I think when I'm given too many "thoughts" I freeze up.
Thanks again!
xoxoxo

Cindi Myers said...

Janneke,
Thank you!
Yes, now that you point that out, I do dress them like myself!
LOL!
And in the same colors...well, me and Blue anyway!
and we ALL are dreaming about Spring!
XOXO