Sunday, June 5, 2016

TAKING A BREAK

I'm feeling a bit... worn out.
Mostly, Physically and Spiritually.
Physically, this pain that I have?
I'm now thinking it probably wasn't rash-less shingles but instead pulled, or torn or strain muscles.
Honestly, I don't even want to talk about it anymore.
I'll just say it still hurts, but it's better.
Time will eventually heal it I'm told, but my work life and home life causes it to be
two steps forward and one back.
So, I'll take my Ibuprofen and use my different creams and
someday I will be better.

Spiritually....
I'm tired.
I need to be quiet and recharge. 
I need to be by myself and get it together.
Several things happened
but last night was the last straw on the camels back.

A few of the first straws...
A dog left in my care at work, now needs a home.
He's been there for over a month and we've now been told that his owner will never be coming out of the nursing home.
He's a good little guy, but I am NOT going to bring him home.
Two reasons.
One. I'm at full capacity at my house.
Two. He's a very nice dog but for some reason I just don't "Click" with him.
(Still I care and worry about him.)
Oh and he's 12 years old.

and then a friend, has a little one that needs surgery for a cancerous mass and a dental.

She's not the type to ask for money but she's tapped out and needs help.
I and a few others suggested she start a Go Fund Me page.
it's HERE.
I asked people at work to forgo their morning coffee and kick in that amount
but evidently coffee is more important.

and FINALLY,
the last straw.
I'm on Facebook.
Mainly to post cute dog and cat pictures back and forth with my friends.
To share funny images with co-workers that I like
and to converse with my family and friends that don't live close by.
I also have a Facebook Art Page HERE.
I'm hoping to build that up but I randomly do post my work there for local people.

But, last night there was a post on my personal page that I can't get out of my head.
I'm still very upset and I feel helpless and devastated.
It was written by a "friend's" husband, about a Pekingese that come up to them.
This is what a Pekingese looks like if you aren't familiar with the breed:
(savearescue.org)

This morning I got up and BLOCKED these people,
these "Friends".
I also had to Block their daughter who actually is very nice and caring but I don't want them to be able to see what I post through her.

I'm just tired off it all.
People who just don't care.
I need a break to regroup and find something I want to talk about.
I did post something on my Art blog yesterday, before going to Facebook.
If you want to see some of my latest Art, you can check it out there.
So... I'm gonna disappear for a little bit.
But I'm be back for sure.
Thanks for understanding.
and here's what I wrote and posted on Facebook this morning -

So, I just figured out how to block someone.
I had a "friend from high school" friend me a couple of years ago.
I really have no idea way she contacted me but I accepted her request anyway. Over time I realized we have absolutely nothing in common and our views were polar opposite on many things.
But Oh well! we can't agree on everything.
Her husband then, also friended me.
Pretty much they were a boring pair and only posted about where they went for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But, whatever.
I'm sure I bore people with all my dog/cat posts but it's my page and I can post what I want.
So... last night the husband posts about how a little dog came into their garage. He wrote that it was in the rain and trying to come inside their door. It had tags and they called the # a few times and no one answered. But, like EVERY night, they had dinner plans, so they LEFT. I commented to ask where the dog was? Was it in their garage? What happened to it? and he responded that last that they saw it, it was running down the road after their car and he did see it finally get back up on the sidewalk.
They left the little dog lost and loose in the rain.
I assumed he HAD to be kidding, not that it was funny, but he has a stupid sick sense of humor but NO! he and his wife (my friend?) commented back to me that the dog wasn't THEIR responsibility!
and then the conversation started to turn a bit nasty so I stopped it.
I refuse to argue with horrible close-minded selfish people.
They live in another state, otherwise I would have driven over and hunted for the dog myself.

The only positive of this whole thing was that their two daughters were posting like crazy against their parents and how they acted. Thank God, their daughters have hearts.
I thought about it all night. Was the little dog found? Luckily they live in a rich neighborhood and don't have a lot of traffic like where I live.
The thing is, they had just posted about having breakfast at their church. I'm sure they are at church right now.
I would think their religion teaches compassion. Compassion and empathy for whoever owns that little dog. Compassion for the little dog itself.
I pray that it's ok and wasn't hurt or killed on the street.
I honestly thought about deleting my Facebook account over this.
But then I suddenly realized that if it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't know how horrible and heartless these people really are.
Later last night, they posted a photo at the restaurant sitting out on a deck, enjoying their wine. 
I've Blocked them now. I wish I could do more than that but...
OK, I'm sharing this for another reason too. If you think I'm wrong and agree with what they did, please comment and let me know.
So that I can Block you too.

9 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I didn't even want to know what they did, but had to finish your post. Ugh. No words for the creeps.

Hope you take time to recuperate and refresh. Will miss you.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I know how you're feeling - And I DON'T THINK you were wrong to feel the way you did about the dog and admire you for trying to be an advocate for it, and the other dogs too. I feel as you do, and I really hope that little one found safety and shelter, and its way back home. Your kindness and compassion is something that I've come to admire about you, and so please don't let anyone chip that away -- I do hope "karma" finds its way to the people you blocked... Is that bad to wish that? Probably.... But I'm okay with that.... :-)

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so sorry you had to hear about their heartlessness. Good for you for blocking them.

I hope you find some peace in your time off. It's so hard when animals need help.

Janneke said...

Ooh I hate these heartless people and I understand your anger, but take care of yourself, I think such people make you screaming mad. I eagerly hope this little dog find someone who cares and loves her. I´m not a churchgoer but I will pray.

sassypackrat said...

Take the time to re-charge. You can only care and give so much before your reserves are depleted. I'll be thinking about you!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Cindi, you've been through so much. I wish I could make everything better, but there will always be horrible people in this world, just as there are wonderful people like yourself. Your story of the dog made me sad and angry. It's bad enough these people left the dog, but to actually see it chasing the car and tell people that?! They're just stupid. Karma is a bitch. They'll get theirs.

xxx

leslie said...

c,

thanks for your nice comments, as usual.

am appalled at those people. you and i would so be friends in person if we lived near each other.

synchronicity -- i've unfriended some people on FB and in person, too, recently. decided i need less stress, less drama, more kindness, more compassion. so that's that. and i totally get the need to recharge. be gentle on yourself, please.

much love from me and maisie.

Vicki said...

Those sick, soul-less people. Christians, really? Two faced hypocrites more like.
Reading about them and that poor sweet little dog upset me too.
What the hell is wrong with such people, seriously wrong.

I'm so sorry to read that you're at a low, but believe me, I understand.
I'm feeling the same way.
Jack is going downhill fast these days, and I just somehow manage to function as my heart slowly breaks.
I must continue to create bears to make $ for vet bills, but it's difficult.

You are such a good soul dear Cindi.
Take a break and try to recharge and heal yourself.

If you ever need to talk, you know where I am :)
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Cindi,

I don't blame you for blocking those people on Facebook. They sound truly horrid. It's hard to believe they were able to have half-way decent kids if that's the way they behave towards an innocent animal. What I really don't understand is why they would announce to the whole world via Facebook that they are such heartless people? It's bad enough they left that poor lost dog to fend for himself alone at night in the rain. But to then broadcast it to the world as if it's something to be proud of is just unbelievable.

I donated a little bit to your friend's Fund Me account. We get cases like hers all the time at our shelter too. It's heartbreaking when you want to help every animal you hear about but you just can't.

By the way, I love the fairy garden! And I love that it has a little dog house under the little tree. How sweet.

Grace