Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Have ONE Done!




OK, I have just completed one of my Valentine (DOG) Dolls. I have the rest in the very finally stages. The rest of the dolls are cats and I made each one a PaperClay heart. Boy, those little hearts took forever! But it has been a learning experience. I was getting very frustrated with my dolls as I was working on them because they are not coming out like I want them to.
I like things a bit Odd, maybe a little twisted, eccentric and just plain weird. I wanted to make them imperfect and a bit strange and sad. I'm afraid that some of them are kinda CUTE. Don't get me wrong, cute is fine and most of the people I know prefer it but I lean more toward Edward Gorey, Tim Burton and anything Johnny Depp has been in. LOL!
So, I decided to give myself a break and just keep trying. So here's some pictures of the first one. I believe in the previous post his body was the first one on the left. He's a little Shih-Tzu.
His title is "Who Says You Can't Buy Love!" - of course he's a little rescue dog that was abandoned at a shelter. A lot of dogs, both mutts and purebreds with pedigrees unfortunately have been dumped at shelters. All my dogs are rescues from shelters or from people who just didn't want them anymore and half of them are Purebreds.
So...let me know what you think!

8 comments:

sassypackrat said...

He's adorable! Those sad, big eyes tug at my heart strings! I'm a fan of the "odd" too but everything I make seems to come out cute, so I've decided to just go "with" it. Things become what they are meant to be anyway. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Mattydolls said...

Oh how cute! Love his hairdo..looks like my little puppy when she has a bow in her hair.
Can't wait to see the rest of them too!

yoborobo said...

He is cute! But that's okay! :) I think it would be hard to make him look anything but cute. I know what you mean though - I am a HUGE Gorey & Burton fan, too (and who doesn't like Johnny Depp!!!). Every piece you make is different, and I'm sure I will come here one day and there will be an odd doll staring back at me. :)) You know, Cindi, the more I look at him, the more I think he is 'cute odd'. LOL!! xo Pam

Georgina said...

I just love him...that face!!! What a cutie! My little Chihuahua, Mr. Peanut, is a rescued dog. He was labeled as unadoptable. HOwever, my stepdaughter saw something that no one else could see and grabbed him up. He was very aggressive at first, but as he got to know us, he turned out to be a sweetheart. He still doesn't like strangers and thinks he's a Rottweiler, but he's the sweetest, most loving little dog I've ever owned. Our other Chihuahua, Maya, is a puppy farm rescue dog...she's a little love and the two of them have this love/hate relationship. Most of the time, though, they lying next each other on the couch under their blanket.

Can't wait to see the next installment of your little animals. Keep it up, they're so cute!

xxoo,
Georgina

Cindi Myers said...

A Big Thank You to everyone for the kind words! I guess "cute" isn't so bad after all. I suppose it's kinda like when people call me "nice" and I want to stamp my foot and stamp on theirs too and say I'm NOT "nice" but then I do something stupid like hold the door open for them....sigh.....

LoopyBoopy said...

These are adorable Cindi! Great character in the simplicity and that is an art in itself. I love the little stories or quotes you have with each as well. Wonderful wonderful work girl!!! Keep at it, the world needs more OldBlackCatBoo dollies in it.

Cindi Myers said...

Thanks so much Colleen! Your opinion means so much to me!
You know that YOU gave me the push to start creating again! I feel like I have a long way to go before I can reach your level of excellence! Thanks again!
(and Rachelle says Hi!)

Barbara said...

Hi!congratulations for your blog and for your amazing creations!i love this cutie and lovely doggie!!!!
Barbara!^_^