Thursday, June 10, 2010

EXHAUSTED

You know that you're in trouble when you are driving TO work and you can hardly keep your eyes open. Luckily I had one of my dogs with me to keep my awake, while not really...she was power napping in the front seat but she gave me something to focus my mind on. I was furious. She had peed on my loveseat again! I have my furniture covered in white sheets and linens so I was able to whip it off quickly and blast a little upholster cleaner on it and follow up with a squirt of pet stuff with natural enzymes that neutralizer and break down...whatever (That's what the bottle says) ANYWAY, this happened just as I was dragging myself to bed last night, so I had to stay up and take care of that.  So I'm muttering bad things to myself about how I'm just not going to put up with this behavior!...but not really sure what to do next. Maybe the dogs can just stay in the laundry room and the kitchen...

but how is that going to work? and I like to have them cuddled up with me when I watch TV....so I get to work and have them run an urinalysis test on her and it comes back that she has an urinary infection and crystals...so I get some antibiotics and some expensive food. Now I'm feeling bad about what I was muttering. She couldn't help it.
Now I have 2 dogs on special food, another dog on thyroid pills and a cat on different pills for a hyper thyroid problem...thank god I work at the vets and get a discount....
Why am I tired? Well,  probably because of that girl at work that just up and quit! I've had to train a new person all week and I'm getting a lot of overtime. Then when I come home I work out in the garden and then come inside and try to do a few things around the house...and of course I have to check in on my FAV blogs. Sorry, for not always leaving comments lately! But I am READING them all!
So tonight I'm going to bed a little early and this weekend I promised myself to finish that other painting and then I'm going to try to rest up a little because I don't get a day off all next week and the Boarding kennels are packed to OVER- capacity. I have pets in every imaginable space. One of my clients called today and when she found out we were booked she got very upset and said that she was getting physically sick thinking about boarding her dogs any place other than with me. I do appreciate the compliment but.....WELL, she's bringing in her own kennel for me to set it up in my office area. If you look in the dictionary under the word "sucker", my picture should be there....


If it wasn't so hot and the work so physically demanding...I guess I actually feel kinda old. My sister says I am OLD.  Yeah, in 4 years she will be my age! We will see what she thinks then! So remember! I might not be posting but I'll be lurking...
Of course I will still do the giveaway and drawing on Tuesday and the PET Tip on Wednesdays!
Nightie Night!

6 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Get some rest Girl!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I left a comment on your giveaway blog!!!! If not add me please!

I love that your a vet and one with a heart at that! That you are feeding and caring for your own animals no matter what!

Please take a hot bath, breathe and take it as easy as you can this week-end : ) Do something you enjoy!

Love~Pattee

Sharon Day said...

You get your rest girl! You've earned it.

yoborobo said...

I love this post, Cindi! Not the fact that you feel tired, but the pics. :) And I know EXACTLY how that feels (having to stay up to clean up a little 'present' from the critters). I hope you get to take a nice long nap this weekend. If I lived near you, you would be the person I would want to take care of my furkids, too!
xox Pam

Suzie said...

Oh my. .we seem to have had a parallel day. .and night. I had to take one of our cats to the vet today because of a urinary tract infection. .maybe it is something in the water!?

Get some rest. .you've earned it!!

FatCat No More said...

Cindi I love these photos that you find, they are adorable!!! I end up saving half of them and emailing them out to my other animal loving buddies. Sorry to hear about the additional vet bills...but at least the critters have the same issue so you can buy the same special food for them! It really does help to work at the clinic :) I feel the same way, I can support all my critters knowing marc plans to become a vet and we can afford the care.