Monday, October 11, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

"It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks.Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country.
After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view." - http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

If you want to be part of this just got to this link and sign up. You have to do it by Oct. 31st.
It costs $25.00 but your sketchbook will be part of the permanent collection.
I had seen this on several blogs sites but it was my niece Grace that called me all excited about it.
She said we HAD to do it! So even though I've been watching my pennies, I signed up.
They list themes for you to choose from and I picked "It's raining Cats and Dogs".
Funny but everyone knew which one I had picked without me even telling them! Hmmmm
So I received my sketchbook in the mail last week and I'm going to start working on it.
I plan to post some photos of it along the way. So check it out! It is kinda cool to think about it touring around the country for everyone to see! I have SO many ideas. It should be fun! Let me know if you sign up!

3 comments:

yoborobo said...

This is a great idea! I would join in, but I know there is just not enough time for me (the snail) to get it done. I know yours is going to be fabulous! Cats! Dogs! Critters! :) xox Pam

PS My vert word is 'bredness' haha

Georgina said...

Ooohhh, this sounds wonderful. What a great idea! However, I don't really sketch...doodle is more like it. I guess this goes back to my college days when I didn't see the need for an outline with Microsoft Word, why bother...yea, I'm bad!! So I've carried that into my art life...I just write the idea and describe it in the vernacular and then to a doodle. Hey, I have my sketch book from my teen years...ok, where did I put that thing?? Oh well...can't wait to see what you've contributed...this is great, girl...I'm very excited for you.

xxoo,
Georgina

JUNKER JANE said...

oh wow! This sounds soooooooooo great :)