Tuesday, February 21, 2012

JUST DROPPING IN...

...for a moment!
I've made a small dent in my "stuff I need to get done" list.
I've done some writing!
A little bit of doodling...
Yep, I have actually gotten a lot accomplished by staying off the computer
OK, I haven't been completely OFF. I've checked email and Facebook.
Lately I am really hating Facebook.
If I read an article on Yahoo, they post that I read it. What's up with that?
Now everyone knows I had to stop and watch Taylor Swift's spooky video.
And these "friends" that I KNOW on Facebook are bugging me.
One of them posted this very NOT politically correct poster about learning Chinese.
It wasn't funny. They probably don't realize that my nieces are 1/4 Chinese. (My brother-in-law is half.)
Now the dilemma, do I ignore it or do I make a comment that I find it offense? This is someone I have to deal with in my work life.
Then I have several people preaching their religion to me and others their politics.
It drives me crazy. I know what I believe and who I will probably vote for.

Sigh, I suppose many of my "friends" are wishing that I'd stop with all the cute dog/cat stuff.
Anyway, I'm thinking of staying off Facebook for a while too. (email me if you need me!)
XOXO - Cindi

6 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Love your new header!

Robin Kent said...

At first I thought the kitty was mid air. Then figured it out. I used to have a St. Bernard. I've been thinking of him recently. Maybe his spirit has been visiting. Sometimes I think my connections on the other side like to make themselves known. OK enough about religion...
Like the new header alot! You sound like this new start is working!

yoborobo said...

I do not like FB, so you are preaching to the choir, sista! :)) I keep thinking I will get off of it entirely, but my kids are there. It is getting to be too much, isn't it? I feel like every keystroke I make is being recorded. ACK! :) xox
Pam

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am not on facebook enough to know what I really think. Some appear to be on their pages for a real long time each day...how do they get anything done? I love the kitten and the St. Bernard..sweet dreams! YOu bless me. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Georgina said...

I'm with you, Cindi about FB, but like so many of us, it's a way to stay connected to those we really love and want hear from now and again. I get most of my pics of my grandchildren from FB....my daughter sends them now and again, but she knows, "Meema" will be saving them from her FB page.

As for all the other gobbly-gook, I just ignore. So many people use FB as their own personal political and religious platforms and other stupid agendas...I'm the kind that just scrolls right on by...here's 50 cents, go call someone who gives a crap!! Right???!!?? LOL

I like to keep things light and funny or show off my grandies now and then, other than that, FB is just a way to stay in touch with friends and family near and far. As for your animal pics, I love them...I'm curious where you find so many cute ones!!

Have a great day and don't let the idiots get you down. And btw, I hate the new vert. word system by Blogger...talking about idiots!!!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Christer said...

I'm thinking about leaving FB now, I really don't like this new time line and have refused to go over to it yet. Either I'll leave or I'll log out every time I've been there. I don't think everyone really needs to know exactly what I do while not being on FB.

Have a great day!
Christer.