Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WEDNESDAY - Good News, Bad News.

Good News, Bad News.
First the Bad.
My camera bit the dust. To be honest for the last year I've had packing tape around the corner of it.
And lately I would push the "button" and it took forever for it to actually take the photo.
It was just a little digital point and shoot. I had it for at least 5 years and I've taken photos of everything with it and then Monday night I couldn't find it. It wasn't in my handbag and then I remembered that I had uploaded the "broken hearted cats" with it.
But it wasn't on my desk by the computer.
Then I saw it.

Laying there dead under the side table below my printer.
I would blame Mimsy, I didn't SEE her do it but I'm pretty sure she's the one that pushed it to it's death. She's always jumping up on my chair to peer into my mug and see what's inside. Or to see if I have left a dinner plate with some crumbs on top of the printer.
(Not that I'm admitting that I eating dinner while surfing.)
Yeah, pretty sure it was Mimsy that offed my camera.

Now for the Good News.
I was given an Amazon gift certificate for Christmas. I had planned on buying a nail gun with it but then I found out I would need an air compressor thingy too and how many things am I going to really nail?
AND I found several books I wanted to order...so I hadn't used it yet.
Thank God.
After hours of reading camera reviews and then watching some kid on YouTube talk about this particular one, I got a new camera.
It's by GE. I know! Who knew? GE makes cameras?
It's called a "bridge" camera?
I guess that's a step up from "point and shoot" but not quite the cool "everything" camera.
It has16 megapixels, where the old camera only had 5.
And an awesome ZOOM lens.
I don't really know anything about cameras but it's pretty.
And it cost less than my old one did when I bought it 5 years ago.
And even less with my gift certificate.
So, I'm supposed to get it in the mail Friday (at work, where no one can swipe it off my porch) and a couple of art books too.
Wahoo! I can't hardly wait for Friday!
Of course I always feel that way anyway.

10 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Yay on the new camera! I sure need one too. You'll get more use out of a camera than a nail gun, after all that's what hammers are for! ;0) I hope to see lots of photos now!

An Urban Cottage said...

So we have some really high-quality photos to look forward to...and some pictures from your new Franz Kline and Mark Rothko books.

I'm looking forward to it!

Cindi Myers said...

Kline and Rothko...ha, ha.
actually Katherine Dunn's new book (her work reminds me of Chagall) and Sarah Ahern Bellemare's new mixed media book....both for inspiration!
:)

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love that last quote.... I had never heard it before. My everyday camera is almost held together with just duct tape so I am looking for an "easy point and shoot stupid" camera to have for knock around impromptu casual photos. Poor Mimzy...i think that was her name...I am so sure she is very sorry! Good Luck! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Robin Kent said...

A camera is a tool, too! Just don't use it on nails. Good news, glad for you (and us viewers).

Nita Stacy said...

Good for you that you are getting a new camera. I love that saying at the end of this post. I never thought about that.

teddy bears Marin to Venice said...

Hoo treasure...
thanks for the comment... I don't feel to deserve so beautiful words!

Great your log, very beautiful, I appreciate a lot to look.

Rosarita

Nadia said...

OMG I have not been here in forever and I love the new background and layout! Quite a change from the old one! I love it! Very clean looking. :)
Yay for the new camera! Getting new stuff is so fun! I got an amazon gift card too! I got some new cloths though. :) A nail gun sounds pretty cool too!

Christer said...

I'm constantly surprised about all things GE seems to do and from what I've heard they do have a high qualityb on their things.

Sounds like a great camera and it has more megapixels than my camera has :-) Good thing You didn't buy anything else :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

denise said...

Let us know how you like it. Mine is a Canon and it has to go back in and they had better fix it without charging me since it's the camera's fault. Otherwise, I will no longer purchase Canon's and I might try the GE. I read about a 'bridge' camera recently. Don't know the brand. This one allowed lens changes, which can be cool. Does yours?

After 5 years and duct taped corners...you deserve a new camera. Aren't I always saying how I love your photos? Of course, that's more the shooter than the camera. ;)