Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Vintage Phone

So I had a vintage phone out in my booth, this isn't an actual photo of it but it was very similar to this one.
preciousnupitals.com
After work I drove out to see how my sales were doing at my booth. The old guy that runs the desk said that things had been really slow. I told him that it didn't look like anything of mine had sold since I was last in and asked what my sales were so far. (I've got another $70.00 to go to make rent, fingers crossed!)
So he told me that I didn't need to drive out and check if I didn't want to, that I could just call. I said OK and Thanks but I had come out in hopes of finding things gone and that I would maybe need to rearrange things.
Then he asked me if I had a "vintage phone" in my booth and then handed me part of a tag.
So it seems that someone had stolen my phone. He said that piece of tag was laying on the floor and he didn't see my phone so he walked all around the other booths to see if it had been misplaced but found nothing. He was very apologetic and said that he tries to keep an eye on people but sometimes when it gets busy it's hard to do so. He said it probably was someone with a big purse.........
shoplifting sign for thetherapist
Bummer..............kinda makes me ANGRY!

7 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

That would make me angry too. Well...on the positive side...someone liked your merchandise enough to risk nabbing it. I guess that's kind of a compliment.

When I was a kid I wanted a phone like that so bad.

yoborobo said...

Oh, that just stinks, Cindi. I really really dislike people that STEAL. I'm pretty sure this is different from stealing a loaf of bread because you are starving. This is stealing a phone so you can sell it, or because you think it would look nice in your LR. I'm sorry this happened! Not nice, not nice. xox! Pam

Anonymous said...

Why can´t people be honest! I get so angry when I hear about these things!
I really hope nothing more will disappear for You!

Christer.

denise said...

People can really suck sometimes. How disheartening, but I'm sure it happens more often than you know.

Sorry to hear about that.

I believe in Karma and this makes very bad Karma for that individual...what goes around comes around.

JUNKER JANE said...

I would be pissed too, but Karma is gonna come around and trip them up BAD, so feel some comfort in that :D

Yasmin said...

I'm sad that this happens to you .. that is why and by others who increasingly prefer animals.
but as said above colleague is someone who really liked it .. but I hope that the thief is caught the next time i go and use the phone in the penitentiary .. ahahaha!
xoxo
yasmin

Francesca Frost said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about that. You might have to install CCTV cameras in order to take note of what's happening in your store. It's a suggestion, anyway.