Saturday, December 18, 2010

Where's the Waffle?

It's one of those quiet Saturday mornings. Bright sunshine bouncing off the snow and coming through the windows. Just the sound of the TV in the background as I read my emails and catch up on my favorite blogs. My dogs are snuggled up on both the loveseats...Blue is cuddling up with his little stuffed whale.

Twinkle is snoozing on Mimsy.

While the house is so peaceful, I get up and drop a BLUEBERRY WAFFLE in the toaster. As it toasts, the house is filled with a warm fragrant smell of blueberries. Yum.....

I take a moment to carry some laundry upstairs. I hear the sound of the toaster popping up and I come back down. I walk over to the kitchen counter and look at the toaster. No waffle!? Did it pop up and spring onto the countertop? No. Is it on the floor? No.
I turn, and see Blue sitting at the back door....Hmmm, I wonder where that waffle is.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so peaceful :-) and some dogs reaches so much better than they should do :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day now!
Christer.

yoborobo said...

Blueberry waffle for my pal, Blue. It seems fitting somehow. Lol! He is so adorable! I love the pics of your furkids all cuddled up. xox!

Abi said...

I love waffles, I love Blue, and this tale made me chuckle.
Thank you my friend :O)

denise said...

"um, I dunno"....

what a great picture of blue

and I love Twinkle sleeping on Moozy.

Georgina said...

I LOVE IT...LOVE THAT BLUE!! A blueberry-waffle stealin' and eatin' doggie!! hahahahahahahaha!!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Georgina said...

Had to come back and comment about your peanut butter cookies!! Well, I laughed so hard, my hubby came out of the room wondering what was wrong with me...since when is laughter WRONG!! Guess I must have sounded like I was in dire pain!!

Anyway, thanks for coming by and starting my Monday morning with a huge "Guffaw!!" Love that Blue!!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Yasmin said...

Their dogs are very funny .. I love the sweet face them.
You talking about jelly toast and opened my appetite. .. then comprrensível is that our little friend to have eaten before you.
P.S. brave in'll make a drawing of twinkles.
Have a beuatiful Christmas my dear frien.
xoxo
yasmin

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i am laughing..oh...that face...thanks mom..that waffle was delicious :-)

merry christmas to you, little louie and all the critters....

love,
kary and teddy
xxx

Nita Stacy said...

Loved this post. Blue looks so innocent. I loved seeing your dogs lying around. Sweeties. I'm sure Blue did not eat it...he wouldn't do such a thing.