Thursday, May 6, 2010

10 cent Daisies

                               This is one side of my front yard.
and on the other side are more!

A few years ago I picked up a bunch of those 10 cent seed packages at the Dollar Store and look what happened! I love cutting bouquets of them! After they have all bloomed, I cut them back. I have catmint, black-eyed Susans, coneflowers and dianthus perennials planted in between and then I add annuals. This year I'm planting snapdragons and pink geraniums.


I have several birdbaths in my garden but this is my favorite.
One reason of course is because of the color but the main reason is how the glaze on the bowl formed a crescent moon shape on the bottom!
Here is the edge of my property along the driveway. I made flowerbeds to frame in the driveway. I have perennials and then planted annuals among them. I transplanted my little peach tree out here where it's sunny...hopefully I didn't kill it by moving it. I've been watering it heavily. I worked the soil along the property line and filled in a bit of the ruts.
Everything to the right of the photo is the neighbors yard and that's his @#!#-ing truck. He told me today that all my flowers and hard work are looking nice. He said that when he works that hard, he is just wiped out for days...(He's four years younger than me.) He said that his daughter had talked about growing a garden out there. I said that would be nice! But I know that if it happens, it will become overgrown and nasty, oh well.............

6 comments:

Sharon Day said...

You are butterfly and hummingbird's dream. I just love wildflowers most of all the flowers.

Suzie said...

I love all of your daisies, and yes! Your border gardens are looking great! They will be so lovely as they mature!!

I can sympathize with having the neighbor's drive that close. Even though it is paved, our neighbor's drive on the west is only 4 feet from the house, at the most. I've tried growing climbing roses, after she sprayed and killed the heirloom raspberries that had grown there for years, on our property. He mowed over my climbing roses. And to top it off, even though they have a long, huge, privacy fenced in back yard, complete with huge deck, when they have a party, which they do quite frequently, where do they do their grilling and sitting around? You guessed it! lol

I've said it before..it is too bad that each of us garden and wildlife lovers have to put up with a neighbor who doesn't care.

And yes! I DO love that birdbath!! Its gorgeous!!

yoborobo said...

I think you are winning him over, Cindi! You should have him plant salvias - something easy he doesn't have to do much for. Or is there a perennial that grows to truck height? lol! Have a great weekend! xo Pam

sassypackrat said...

I love your flowers. My mom and I were out yesterday planting flowers in pots and in the raised bed outside the sun room. We also put in some tomato and pepper plants.
The side by our neighbors we just ignore. There is a privacy fence that is falling into their yard that they refuse to repair so we pretend they don't exist. Their yard is also all weeds and no grass which they never cut all summer so I understand the whole neighbor not caring thing!

Georgina said...

Seems many people have neighbors like that, but oh well, you can't pick your neighbors, most of the time anyway. As for your garden, it looks wonderful. I love daisies too and they grow nicely out here in the desert with just a bit more water needed.

Have a great weekend and keep your garden growing.

xxoo,
Georgina

Cindi Myers said...

Hey Thanks Everyone! It helps to know that you share my pain! LOL!
Yep! That's what I'm gonna do.
Ignore him! Pretend he doesn't exist!
But of course anytime my sister or one of my friends stop by, they always are exclaiming - "What the @#!*!