Monday, May 31, 2010

SURPRISE!!! I Finally Finished a Painting!



Well, I took the advice of several of my blogger friends (Georgina for one) and finished a painting. It was buried under some laundry and I just never took the time to finish. It is painted on an old cupboard door. I collaged scrapbook papers, painted several layers in acrylics, stamped it and finished the details in ink. I've been trying to experiment with mixed media and while finishing this up, I had several new ideas pop up in my head. I need to really start experimenting and see where it leads me!


I took the photos in natural light but I think the color looks more blue in the photos than the actual painting which I think is more of a turquoise blue. The color on my acrylics said "Blue Lake" Hmmmm.....
Anyway, it measures approximately 15" by 15" and about 3/4 inch in depth

I think I will put in on EBAY and see what happens!
Oh! please stop by tomorrow....
It will be my 100th Post and I'm having my First Giveaway!

7 comments:

Sharon Day said...

I'm thrilled from my head to my toes!!! Mixed media is definitely your forte. Please keep it up. I love your style!

Cindi Myers said...

WOW! Thanks Autumn! That means a LOT to me...
And that you like it even though it's a BLUE color! LOL! tee hee!

Suzie said...

Oh! I LOVE it! I'm so glad that you took some time to work on your art. .you should set aside more time and explore those ideas that pop into your head! Well done!!!!

yoborobo said...

YAY CINDI! I love it, too. And I agree with Autumn, you are a mixed media artist. :) Love the blue, love the dog! xo!

Cindi Myers said...

Thank You Suzie!
I have been thinking about doing a mixed media painting with a Halloween theme, inpired by YOUR blog crawl!

Cindi Myers said...

Thanks Pam! I have another one half-done buried in the "craft/art" room...guess I'll dig it out and finish it! LOL!

Suzie said...

Ooooh, I'm anxious to see your Halloween piece! Have you started it yet? lol No pressure though. .